~*Happy people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best out of everything they have. True happiness isn't about the clothes you wear or the wealth you have. It's the people who turn your world and heart upside down. Happiness is being content with all of God's blessings!*~

Monday, January 20, 2014

Healing our teeth

I've been reading up and learning so much about tooth decay and how to heal your teeth naturally. Back in November I found 3 dark brownish teeny tiny spots on owen's teeth. These are cavities or tooth decay. I've learned in the past that your body has great abilities to heal itself. If your body can go to great lengths to heal broken bones...then why not your teeth?
With Owen already being grain-free (due to behavioral issues) and besides eating extremely healthy. It took some time to figure out that the culprit was probably the dried fruits he was eating (raisins, prunes, apricots). And he has a great love for Larabars. We immediately cut all of those out and really got strict on his diet. We limited fresh fruits to 2-3 pieces per day, got strict on brushing his teeth well. Upped his fermented cod liver oil (FCLO), raw milk and raw yogurt, and increased his veggies. It took about 1.5 months but 2 out of 3 dark spots have vanished and the third is lighter in color.
I took a good look at my teeth 4 days ago with a flashlight and a magnified mirror. I noticed a few spots that seem to be holes or indents that may or may not be cavities. Since they look different than Owen's cavities and I am not a dentist, I don't know for certain. But I am following the protocol as if they are cavities or tooth decay.

I bought Ramiel Nagel's book Cure Tooth Decay a few days ago and have learned an incredible amount. It truly facinates me how great the human body is and when it's fed the proper nutrients and minerals it can literally heal any disease.

For healing myself, I've cut out coffee (very acidic to teeth), cut out gluten free products (made with rice as the phytic acid is high), nuts (also high in phytic acid) and cut out sugar (this raises your blood glucose which robs your teeth of calcium and magnesium).
I've added a bunch of foods to my diet which are nutrient-dense. For starters, 2-3 cups of bone broth a day. Bones from animals that are grass-fed or pasture-raised. I cook the bones in filtered water with a nice splash of apple cider vinegar (acv) in my crockpot. Sometimes I add in organic carrots, garlic, and onions for extra nutrients. I also add in himalayan pink sea salt and herbs like rosemary or parsley if I have them on hand. I let it cook on low for between 24-48 hours before drinking. I'll do another batch once that broth is gone. On the third batch the bones have softened due to the cooking and acid from acv. If they are soft I'll break the bones in half to reveal the bone marrow. This can be eaten (extremely nutrient dense) or left to simmer in the broth.
I'm taking Green Pastures FCLO with activator x butter oil in it. I take 2 heaping teaspoons. I also have another Green Patures Product which is a blend of organic coconut oil, fermented skate liver oil,  FCLO, and a few other ingredients. I really have to be in the mood to choke this down and have a chaser ready.  For some reason my gag reflex is activated while consuming this.
I started drinking raw milk. Originally I started buying this as a milk replacement for Owen when he weaned from breastfeeding. Growing up I never drank milk because I hated the tasted and it followed me as an adult. I drink 1/2 cup with my breakfast and a full cup with dinner. It's a mind over matter effect and sometimes my gag reflex is activated with this too. But if I quickly eat something right before and after drinking then I can manage to get it down no problem.
I have started adding in grass-fed yellow butter to every meal, upping my greens intake, and making sure I consume plenty of animal protein with every meal and snack.  Whether this be meat, pastured eggs (duck and chicken),  raw milk cheese/yogurt/milk.
I'm also trying to increase the amount of ferments that I eat. I have kimchi, sauerkraut, and dilled carrots. Also, water kefir although I limit this because it still tastes pretty sugary even after the 2nd ferment.
I hope to figure out a way to start increasing organ meats and more seafood into our diets. The last time I bought a grass-fed beef liver, I ground it up (gross bloody mess) and added it into some chili to try to mask the taste. It completely ruined the taste and texture of the chili. I still need to ask around and do some research on the best way to choke this down. It's incredibly nutrient dense and very good for dental health.  Seafood is just a little pricey for the best stuff and I'm not even sure where to find fish heads?! This was noted throughout the book and I don't think I can bring myself to drink the broth let alone eat the head.

I've been making my own tooth paste for a year now for Owen and I. We've been using a new recipe that is actually a remineralizing tooth paste. I haven't noticed a difference yet but it's much more enjoyable than just coconut oil, baking soda, and peppermint essential oil. 

I have a dentist appointment coming up in early February for a 6 month cleaning. At my last appointment everything checked out well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well again. If it doesn't I have another, more holistic, dentist in mind that I can switch to. It's who I want to take Owen to in April. This other dentist specializes in removing amalgam (mercury) fillings safely. I plan to ask about this and hope the insurance will cover it. Amalgam fillings are extremely detrimental to your health as they continuously leak mercury gases into your body. Mercury is the 3 most toxic heavy metal to the human body. Even more toxic than Cyanide or plutonium. Scary stuff! I have about 4 of them plus whatever my crown on my root canal tooth is made of? Could this be a contributor to my thyroid issues? I don't know but it's best to have these fillings removed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment