~*Happy people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best out of everything they have. True happiness isn't about the clothes you wear or the wealth you have. It's the people who turn your world and heart upside down. Happiness is being content with all of God's blessings!*~

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Small Glimpse & Big Promises

Yesterday I got a small glimpse of what our life would be like living on our future homestead. It was such an amazing feeling! We have our largest garden at my inlaws house out in the country. We are there several times a week to care for it. Yesterday we spent a combined total of over 3 hours of hard work in that garden. We weeded, and weeded, and weeded, and weeded some more. We hoed the dirt, taste tested our almost ready sweet peas, and thinned out and harvested some beet greens. A fast moving storm came through and we sat on the front porch watching it. Steve went back out to work some more and I got the little one down for a nap. Once he was asleep I started on dinner and prepared some of our just picked beet greens as a side dish. I called Steve back in when it was ready and we ate in peace! Owen napped for 2.5 hrs! We came back home and I blanched and froze the remaining beet greens for our freezer stash.
It just makes me so happy and blessed when we harvest our gardens. I know that our hard work is paying off and I am feeding my family healthy, home-grown food.


We've also been able to harvest some kale. Which I then turned into kale chips.


 Freshly picked beet greens

 Ready to get blanched!


Our first broccoli!



No comments:

Post a Comment