~*Happy people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best out of everything they have. True happiness isn't about the clothes you wear or the wealth you have. It's the people who turn your world and heart upside down. Happiness is being content with all of God's blessings!*~

Friday, August 19, 2011

Well hello there...

My first ever blog! Yay! I'm looking forward to sharing my weight loss journey, recipes, crafts and diy projects, updates about Owen and being a SAHM (stay at home mom) and wife.

Well for starters...today officially marks a 75 lb weight loss for me!! I started keeping track at the end of my pregnancy, where I weighed the most I have ever been. I'm proud to say it has taken me less than 5 months to get here! I weigh less than I did before I got pregnant. Most of my old clothes no longer fit and are just about falling off of me. I give major props to breastfeeding and a fitness group that I'm in!! I have changed my diet--limiting red meat, omitting dairy, increasing fruits and veggies, limiting processed foods, and drinking green smoothies just about daily. I recently bought an elliptical that kicks butt! Literally. I can now do at least 50 push ups when I couldn't even do 5 before I was pregnant. I like to give Owen credit for this one. Lugging him and all 18 lbs of himself around has really made my biceps stronger! I tried the 30 Day Shred...twice. I never made it past day 6 but it's not my thing! Damn you Jillian Michaels! I started Couch to 5k. I need to get back into that and finish it. It would be really great to sign up to run an actual 5k. I'll keep you posted on that though. But it is on my bucket list!

I'm going to start trying my hand at crafts and diy projects soon. I have a bunch of different ideas for homemade Christmas presents for everyone this year! They will include some knitting, some sewing, some mod podge, some baking, etc. And Owen will be involved in the process! :) Really looking forward to Owen's first Christmas this year! Can't wait to play Santa!

If you know anything about me then you know I love to cook and try out new recipes! Keep checking back here for some delicious and healthy recipes! Luckily I have a husband who is willing to try my creations! I just had my first canning experience the other day! We grew a ton of tomatoes in our garden this year and I love to make my own spaghetti sauce from scratch so it was a win win situation! It was super easy and I have 5 jars stored in the pantry already. I'll make a separate post with pictures.

1 comment: