~*Happy people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best out of everything they have. True happiness isn't about the clothes you wear or the wealth you have. It's the people who turn your world and heart upside down. Happiness is being content with all of God's blessings!*~

Monday, August 22, 2011

Bittersweet

Today is a little bittersweet for me. I received my first bill in the mail today that I can not pay with my own money. I've been working since I was 16 and always paid my own bills and bought my own stuff. Six years later and I have run out of my own money :( It's a little hard for me to swallow to have to rely on my husband to pay for everything now. Especially my things and my bills. I choked up and cried in front of him. He reassured me that I worked very hard for those six years and he wants to take care of me and we are financially stable for the time being. Although it is comforting to know this, I feel a little useless that I can no longer contribute. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a stay at home mom and wife...more than anything in the entire world! It's what I've always wanted to do since I was a kid! I'm so grateful my wish has come true but it was so nice to have my "own" money! It'll just take some getting use to I guess.

Who knew when you become a mother that your world starts revolving around your child's poop! A little too much information, so feel free to skip this section before you lose your appetite! Owen is a daily pooper...like every single diaper change, daily pooper! Just recently he went 4 days without pooing! 4 days!! The last two days he was very uncomfortable and very, very cranky. I gave him some breastmilk and benefiber in a sippy cup. And within a few hours...THE biggest diaper explosion to date! All over his highchair and all the way up his back and in his hair! So totally and completely disgusting! And today he has had 4 more diaper explosions! Who knew such a little belly could hold so much poo haha! But let me tell you...today he is the HAPPIEST baby in the world! Finally some relief for the both of us!

I am so grateful I get to stay home and raise Owen and watch him learn and grow! It's so fascinating! He will be 5 months old in a few days! He can roll over both ways, sit all on his own, army crawl, turns his attention to anything that makes a sound, knows his name, can press buttons on his toys to make noise, blows raspberries, imitates sounds, laughs at the silliest things, etc! He has the sweetest little laugh! I wish I could just bottle it up! He has two bottom teeth now! Finally...only took 15 weeks for them to pop through! My poor baby started teething at 6 weeks old! Such a horrible thing for little babies to go through! No one ever warns you about teething! Probably because it would be enough of a scare to never have children! We get through it day by day. Frozen wash cloths are his favorite. Hyland's teething gel works awesome too! Within 3 minutes he is calm again! It's some good stuff!  I measured him today and according to my calculations (as opposed to the doctor's scales) he weighs 19.6 lbs and is 28 inches! He has gained 10 lbs and 7 inches since birth! I am so grateful and happy with a healthy, happy baby! His only downfall is he doesn't like to sleep! But if this is the only thing "wrong" with him, I'll take it! I'll sleep when I'm dead...and it won't last for long. I remind myself of this constantly...I'll be wishing for these sleepless nights back when he is older! I love my sweet boy! God blessed me very well with him! We are a perfect match for each other!



2 comments:

  1. As hard as it is to not have your own money, staying home with Owen is saving you a bundle in daycare so think of it that way. Your helping your family by not paying daycare, your less stressed out having to drop him off all day while you work- your providing good meals for your family at a decent hour- He will only be little once so absorb every second of it. You'll have plenty of time to work once all your babies are in school =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are definitely saving a bundle by me staying home! Luckily we are more money conscious now! I wouldn't trade my new job for the world! I dread the day I return to the workforce!

    ReplyDelete